My friend Karrie at http://www.knitpurlgurl.com has the best knitting blog. While I am not a dedicated knitter, she has inspired me to learn.
Karrie also does a bevy of product reviews. This week she reviewed some crochet hooks – Karrie is a beginning crocheter with more talent in her little finger. If she says the hooks are good, you better believe it!
Take a moment and check out her review – http://www.knitpurlgurl.com/2011/09/knitters-pride-crochet-hook-review.html While there, you can enter her give away for the hooks!!!!
What a great 3 day weekend! I hope you enjoyed yours as much as I did!
It was a full weekend of projects for me. Ready for the rundown?
- Finished the sweater entry for the fair
- Made crockpot chocolate sauce
- Made crockpot caramel sauce
- Made bacon caramels
- Made the kids do laundry!
- Went out for breakfast and shopping in Amish Country
- Made 4 apple pies
- Sold another special order in my etsy shop
- Got selected to host a Chef Boyardee product party
Hmmmm that doesn’t look like much but it filled my weekend! Next time, I’ll add pictures!
My daughter LOVES pasta and teriyaki. One of our regular meals in Casa de Andi822 is teriyaki noodles and I found the secret to take it from sauce on spaghetti to a pretty close knock off from my local Chinese place!
It’s super simple and thought I would commit the recipe to the web.
Jae’s Favorite Noodles
- linguine or spaghetti noddles
- 1 c veggies – we use peas and carrots but you could use broccoli, mushrooms, pea pods, baby corn, the possibilities are endless!
- 1/2 c teriyaki sauce
- sesame oil – the secret! You can find it in the oriental section of most good sized grocery stores
Boil noodles according to package directions. When noodles have 2 minutes left, toss in the veggies. Drain noodles and veggies and return to the pot. Store in the sauce and a light drizzle of sesame oil.
If you are going for meat free, eat and serve. Or add your favorite cooked meat. We usually use left over steak, grilled shrimp or chicken. Today I tried a new recipe from FakeGinger.com
Check out FakeGinger’s Bourbon Chicken!